From What the Hack!: https://what-the-hack.co/hackback/
Join us for #HackBack, May 30 -31
during the Covid crisis recovery
What The Hack is hosting their second fully remote event on May 30 & 31.
This application only event will be an exclusive hackathon focussed on supporting SMEs and small businesses in the post Covid recovery period.
Instead of addressing issues as they arise, What The Hack is getting ahead of the curve and looking forward to the issues that small businesses and startups will face as we come out of the Covid shutdown.
Spaces are limited so apply now and add your energy to helping lift small businesses out of the Covid crisis. Because together we can build a new, post Covid reality!
Learn More About #HackBack And How You Can Get Involved
After completing #HackRemote, the first fully remote hackathon in Ireland, What The Hack is creating a second unique event, #HackBack to address the needs of small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and startups during the recovery from the Covid-19 crisis. As with previous events, What The Hack is bringing together the best and brightest new creative solutions to the stated problems. For the first time, What The Hack is bringing together large scale industry leaders to assist in mentoring teams, bringing solutions to fruition, as well as financially support the event.
There are two ways to get involved with #HackBack.
1)Individuals can apply to be participants.
2) Companies or organisations can sponsor individual problem statements or act as general or in-kind sponsors for the event. If you would like more information on sponsorship please contact Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
What The Hack has identified the following list of potential topics for teams to address during the hackathon:
* How to keep SMEs and startups informed of their rights, duties, and benefits during the Covid recovery
* How to ensure that women are not disproportionately affected by changes in the labor force caused by the Covid crisis
* How to encourage SMEs and startups to trade and work with others overseas
* How to strengthen digital economies in developing countries
* How to re-skill or re-educate people who have been laid off during the Covid crisis
* How to reinvent the tourism and travel industries after Covid
* How to ensure that quality standards are met when production needs drastically increase
* How does to leverage the societal changes caused by the Covid crisis to drive positive change
* How SMEs and startups can maintain lines of communication with their customers
#HackBack will take place over the 2 days of May 30 & 31 from 12:00-20:00 GMT. Applicants will be selected by the 24th of April and placed into teams following a few brief activities in the week leading up to the event.
Each day will commence with a kick off speech and keynote speakers, after which teams will be given guided assignments to brainstorm, research, validate, and finally pitch their ideas.
The second day will conclude with final pitches, a panel discussion of industry experts, a virtual networking event, and the prize award ceremony.