From EU Commission
We would like to inform you that the Call for proposals to become a member of the Enterprise Europe Network for 2022 and beyond is open!
What is the EEN?
The Enterprise Europe Network is the world’s largest support Network for SMEs with international ambitions active in over 60 countries. It is supported under the Single Market Programme (COSME pillar).
Over 12 years, almost 2.9 million SMEs have benefited from support services helping them in market positioning, cost savings and job creation.
The European Commission is now looking for proposals to structure the next EEN Network, initially for the period from 1 January 2022 to 30 June 2025. The available budget of the call amounts to EUR 164.5 million.
In addition to services provided so far, the new EEN Network will help all types of SMEs in their transition to more sustainable business models through dedicated Sustainability Advisors and other sustainability services. It will also facilitate SMEs’ digitalisation by helping them to adapt their processes, to use digital technologies and to develop new products and services using digital means. Above all, it will support SMEs to become more resilient, to recover fully from the COVID-19 crisis and emerge stronger.
The EEN Network will continue to contribute to the objectives of the Single Market Programme by improving the competitiveness and sustainability of SMEs in Europe and promoting entrepreneurship. It should help SMEs by:
- Assisting them to become more economically, environmentally and socially sustainable;
- Supporting their digitalisation and greater resilience to shocks;
- Supporting their innovation and innovation processes;
- Facilitating their access to the Single Market and third country markets;
- Helping them to cooperate and where appropriate integrate with local, regional, national and European clusters and industrial ecosystems (such as Proximity and Social Economy) and global value chains.
What is in for Social Economy?
We would like to motivate members of GECES and their regional and local members to participate in the EEN network, either by setting up a regional consortium or if that would not be feasible by becoming part of the consortium that is applying to the call (as a region can only have one consortium).
If you want to find out which organisations in your region are interested to shape a consortia, there is partner search tool available here.
For more info, please read carefully the Terms of Reference that will provide you necessary info about the structure of the network (p.10) and eligibility and consortia composition (p. 48).
- An online information session will take place this 22 June at 9:30 CET to present the modalities and the rules for participation in the call. Register here by Monday 21 June 2021 at 13:00 CET.
- The deadline for submission of proposals is 11 August 2021 17:00 (Brussels time).
- For more information on how to apply, go to the EU Funding & Tenders Portal.