From Rethink Ireland:
Applications open for Social Enterprise Development Fund
2022 – 2023
Rethink Ireland is delighted to announce the continuation of its Social Enterprise Development Fund with an additional investment of €1.2 million set to be awarded from 2022-2023.
In 2022, the Fund offers:
- Cash grants for up to 8 Awardees of €22,500
- A Business Support budget worth €7,500
- A place on the Accelerator Programme
(2) Start a Social Enterprise Business Course (Apply by March 11th)
The Fund will also offer places on a first of its kind Start a Social Enterprise Business Course. This course will take an emerging idea and give the participants the tools to take the idea to the next stage. It will be the launchpad for the idea and also, importantly, a pathway to additional supports.
The Social Enterprise Development Fund was created in 2018 by Rethink Ireland in partnership with Local Authorities Ireland and supported by IPB Insurance and the Department of Rural and Community Development through the Dormant Accounts Fund.
Applications open for Social Enterprise Start-Up Fund 2022
Rethink Ireland is delighted to announce that the Social Enterprise Start-Up Fund is also open for applications.
This is an €800,000 Fund delivered over two years: 2021 – 2022. The Fund was created by Rethink Ireland in partnership with the Department of Rural and Community Development via the Dormant Accounts Fund.
In 2022, the Fund offers (up to) 20 Awardees:
1. Cash grants
- In 2022, the Fund will support up to 20 social enterprises with cash grants of €10,000 each.
2. Business supports
- The Accelerator Programme also includes business supports worth €4,500 each, tailored to the needs of each social enterprise, such as strategic planning, business modelling, and communications.
3. The Accelerator Programme
- All successful applicants will win a place on our National Accelerator Programme specifically designed for social enterprises. The Accelerator Programme is designed to equip social enterprises with the tools and techniques needed to expand their business skills and deepen their impact within their communities.
Applications are open until Friday, March 4th 2022.
4 Years of Impact: Social Enterprise Development Fund
We are delighted to publish our Social Enterprise Development Fund Impact Report 2018 – 2021 which gives an in-depth insight into the phenomenal impact achieved by the fund’s Awardees over the last 4 years of the fund.
The fund has supported 112 social enterprises through cash grants and non-financial supports
209 jobs have been created within the sector;
Awardees have supported 512 people into employment
Awardees delivered services to over 270,000 people throughout Ireland
Awardees mobilised 16,507 volunteers