Irish Social Enterprise Network (SOCENT.IE)
socent.ie needs help with events!
What are we looking for
Have you a passion for great organisations doing good? We are looking for passionate people to help us setup and run events that are meaningful for social enterprises.
This role is a volunteer role as are the roles of the board of the Irish Social Enterprise Network.
What is involved
The Irish Social Social Enterprise Network will work to develop the areas of:
- Researching suitable venues and ensuring all necessary equipment is available
- Seeking and securing sponsorship
- Designing online registration forms
- Coordinating caterers, stand designers and equipment hire
- Organising car parking facilities, security, first aid and catering
- Promoting the event and organising the system of tickets, posters and anything else that might be needed
- Supervising the dismantling and removal of stands.
- Gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Manage the event on the day, including setting up, the event and clean up as necessary.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event project.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Willingness to take ownership of events and to work interdependently with the board
- Experience in running events in the past
- Keen eye for detail and a love of working with administration is preferred
Social enterprise in Ireland has the potential to make a lasting difference to social and economic impact. The sector is worth €1.4 bn to the Irish economy and employs more than 25,000 people. However, if we matched the EU average, we could expect the sector to generate 65,000 jobs.
The Irish Social Enterprise Network believes that there are more than 2,000 social enterprises in Ireland but do not have the national recognition necessary to expand their models and positively impact jobs and communities.
We envision an independent, Irish, membership-led organisation, built and controlled by social enterprises.
The Irish Social Enterprise Network (socent.ie) is the largest network for social enterprises, social entrepreneurs and social innovators in Ireland. The network was established formally in 2013 to give a platform for social enterprises
Socent.ie works with trading social enterprises and is aligned with Social Enterprise UK, Social Enterprise Scotland, Social Enterprise Northern Ireland and the Community Interest Company Regulator amongst others to being international experience and research to the Irish context. The network needs to move to a membership based organisation and work with it’s partner Trinity College Dublin on implementing the social enterprise indicators (currently due for launch Jan ’16) and social enterprise best practices.
Are you interested?
Reach out to us at email@example.com with your contact details and details on you that might be able to help us make a de
We would love to be in contact with you!