These awards were first established by Inner City Enterprise (ICE) and Dublin City Council with the support of the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Dublin City in 2015. The partner organisations recognised a need for funding and support to kick-start the creation or development of social enterprises in Dublin City. Each year since 2015, a fund of between €45,000-50,000 has been distributed among innovative social enterprises.
The awards help to enable social enterprises to further develop their plans and activities and to bring the benefits of their social enterprise to more individuals and communities in Dublin City. The key aims of the programme and competition are to:
– Increase awareness of social enterprises;
– Highlight their contribution to community and economic development;
– Support the creation of employment;
– Develop the skills of participants.
This year the awards feature a €50,000 prize fund which will be distributed among a maximum of 5 innovative social enterprises. Along with prize funding, awardees will be provided with mentoring, further support and publicity opportunities. The application process for the awards is open to social enterprises and social entrepreneurs that are delivering innovative and vital work across communities and areas of Dublin city.
To enter, applicants need to complete and submit an application form by: 17:00 – 4th of May 2018.
For further information or for queries about the application form, please contact:
– Inner City Enterprise, Unit F4, Spade Enterprise Centre, North King Street, Dublin 7 (e) email@example.com (ph) (01)6174852
– Economic Development Office – Dublin City Council – Culture, Recreation and Economic Services – Block 4, Floor 1 – Civic Offices – Woodquay – Dublin 8 – D08 RF3F (e) firstname.lastname@example.org (ph) (01)2225614