The Mná na hÉireann, Women of Ireland Fund application form can be accessed through this link here.
WHAT IS THE MNÁ NA HÉIREANN, WOMEN OF IRELAND FUND?
The Mná na hÉireann, Women of Ireland Fund is a €1.8 million fund over three years created by Social Innovation Fund Ireland in partnership with Bank of America and the Department of Rural and Community Development. The Department of Rural and Community Development provides match funding for all philanthropic funds raised by Social Innovation Fund Ireland, via the Dormant Accounts Fund.
The Mná na hÉireann, Women of Ireland Fund is the first fund in Ireland to support charities and social enterprises that seek to enhance the economic mobility of women, and is designed specifically to equip these organisations to expand their business acumen, drive growth and deepen their impact across Ireland.
We are calling for applications from organisations that support and empower women to progress their education or progress into new or more sustainable employment.
WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE FUND?
Through the Fund, we aim to achieve the following over 3 years:
1) Empower 1,000 women to find and secure sustained employment across Ireland by investing in organisations that provide training, upskilling, education and other services directly to women experiencing disadvantage.
2) Double the impact of successful applicants by providing growth capital and support to organisations with a proven track record of social impact.
WHAT DOES THE FUND OFFER?
- Cash grants between €50,000 – €100,000 per year for three years
- A bespoke business supports package designed to equip not for profit organisations to expand their business acumen, drive growth and deepen their impact
- A place on Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s Accelerator programme which provides training from best-in-class experts across the private, not for profit and public sectors
- Performance management & impact management
- Access to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s networks
- Access to training and mentoring from Bank of America’s employees
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS IS THE FUND LOOKING FOR?
All applicants to Social Innovation Fund Ireland must meet a set of standard criteria as listed below. All applicants to the Mná na hÉireann, Women of Ireland Fund must meet the minimum fund criteria which is also listed below.
Note: as part of Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s standard eligibility requirements, applicants seeking funding for capital assets are not eligible.