From Social Entrepreneurs Ireland: https://socialentrepreneurs.ie/careers
Director of Operations
Lead and strengthen the organisation’s operational activities, to deepen impact in the short- term and manage growth in a scalable way in the years to come.
Our Vision: An Ireland where every social problem gets solved quickly and effectively.
Our Mission: Support high-potential social entrepreneurs to tackle Ireland’s social problems.
Background to role:
At Social Entrepreneurs Ireland we believe that Ireland’s social problems are not being solved quickly enough and that we need to develop new ideas to tackle our biggest challenges. To achieve this, we support social entrepreneurs from start-up to scale-up. We provide them with mentoring, funding and access to a network of support to help them to significantly increase their impact in Ireland.
We do this across three key pillars:
SPARK: Develop a pipeline of high-potential social entrepreneurs with ideas for social change. SEED: Support early-stage social entrepreneurs to build solid foundations for their organisations. SCALE: Invest in and support the best social entrepreneurs to scale their impact.
Over the last 14 years we have invested over €7 million in 264 social entrepreneurs, providing over €2 million worth of non-financial supports along the way. Their projects impacted the lives of over 1.7 million people across Ireland. The organisation has undergone significant growth in the past 14 years and has delivered a range of support programmes to many different social entrepreneurs. We are always striving to improve our programmes of support and our ways of working to ensure we can have maximum impact.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of the SEI team, along with overseeing the smooth delivery of the organisation’s governance, systems and administration. Ultimately, this role is about creating an environment in which the organisation can have impact at scale. This role will involve working closely with the CEO and the Director of Impact, Development and Communications, to ensure a full team approach is applied to all activities. This role offers a great opportunity to join an authentic, visionary and impact-driven team at an exciting time in the organisation’s development.
Key Elements of Role:
• Team development: Through the design of key ways of working and the embedding of SEI values. This includes regular consultations with the CEO, Directors and individual team members as needed, for example capacity planning and development plans.
- Project Management: Supporting the operations team in the execution of the organisation’s governance, systems development and general administration.
- Strategic insight: Provide input into key organisational decisions
- Other operational tasks: As required.
All of the above elements relate to driving one thing: operational excellence to enable the effective delivery of SEI’s vision and mission.
- A high degree of enthusiasm, reliability, and adaptability
- Team player who collaborates and shares ideas
- Self-starter, taking ownership and responsibility for tasks
- Comfortable dealing with the unknown and unexpected in a calm and logical manner
- Positive people focused individual with excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of individual and team dynamics.
- Rational thought process, excellent at identifying ways to enhance and/or streamline activities
- Strong technological capabilities and comfortable using a wide range of platforms
- Strategic, solution focused and an excellent problem solver
- Strong ability to manage time effectively, overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in multiple environments desirable
- Experience in a coaching or operations role desirable
Are you the right person for the role?
- Do you have a deeply held passion for Ireland, and a strong desire to see positive change come about more rapidly in society?
- Are you inspired and energised by the work of social entrepreneurs?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with a team?
- Are you fun to work with and do you act with authenticity and integrity in everything you do?
Location: 11-12 Warrington Place, Dublin 2 Reporting to: CEO
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience Duration: Maternity cover – Fixed term contract
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you believe you are the right person for this role. Candidates are also asked to state their salary expectations in their cover letter. Applications should be made before close of business on Monday 19th of August to email@example.com.
Social Entrepreneurs Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.