Role: Front End Developer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Role Status: Full Time with remuneration based on experience
ChangeX is a marketplace connecting proven ideas for strengthening communities with teams who start them locally and those with the resources to support – ideas like Grow it Yourself, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, parkrun and Playworks, adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, community workers and other proactive citizens.
There are thousands of social innovations across the world that have been proven to work, but too few at global scale, leading to wasteful reinvention or worse, no solution at all. Technology can address this. We’re on a mission to help build thriving communities everywhere – in our first four years, over 300,000 people have benefitted from over 9,000 new projects started on ChangeX.
Our business model is called Impact as a Service – we make it easy for funders to find and invest in the ideas they want to spread in regions they care most about – customers include Microsoft and AIB among others. Our philanthropic backers come from some of the best recognised venture firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures and Insight Ventures as well as founders like Mike Lee (MyFitnessPal), Colm Lyon (Fire) and Jerry Greenfield (Ben & Jerry’s). Our team is based at Dogpatch Labs in Dublin with team members in the U.S. and Europe.
We’re looking for a Front-End Developer who has the ability to contribute across the entire stack to join a small talented product team. This team is working to simplify and accelerate the way people start, grow and fund projects in their communities. We’re looking for a talented developer with excellent UI/UX sensibilities who shares our belief in the power of great technology to transform the lives of real offline communities. If you want to ensure your engineering skills have a positive impact in the world, get in touch!
- You’ll play a major role in the vision and development direction of the product;
- You’ll use your extensive HTML, CSS and jQuery skills to develop excellent user facing features
- You should be driven by clean design to build beautiful, intuitive, functional user interfaces;
- You’ll lead a user centred design process, taking product features from initial sketches through low fidelity prototypes, to product deployment and user research;
- You will collaborate closely with product and market teams to tackle tough design challenges;
- Demonstrated commitment to social change;
- An entrepreneurial track record ideally, with strong empathy and ethical fibre;
- 2+ years experience developing web applications;
- Excellent UX and design sensibilities;
- Strong programming skills with focus on clean design, well refactored code and automated testing;
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails is our primary server framework;
- Foundation is our primary front end development framework;
- Deployed on AWS using Heroku for managing infrastructure;
- PostgreSQL Database;
- GitHub for source code management and process support;
- Travis for continuous integration.
Perks & Benefits:
- Master new skills from those around you with onsite talks and networking at dogpatch labs;
- Flexible hours, vacation time and work from home options;
- Enjoy annual performance related bonuses;
- Exercise your mind and body with onsite yoga sessions and gym;
- Work in a great location with excellent facilities in Dublin city. 2 min walk from Dart and Luas.
We are initially looking for resumes and portfolio examples of your work e.g. GitHub repositories, blog articles, etc. If you do not have anything suitable we can provide a problem piece to work together on. From there we filter down and do a series of interviews (remote if required). These are often ‘work’ focused i.e. looking at code together, pair programming for example. Our preference is for candidates to talk to as much of the team as possible so that we, team and candidate, can make the best decision possible.
To apply, please send CV or equivalent with a note outlining why you think you’d be the right person to email@example.com