From The Ireland Funds: https://irelandfunds.org/news/job-opportunity-grants-manager-dublin/
Job Specification: Grants Manager
The Ireland Funds is seeking to hire a Grants Manager to start immediately. Based in Dublin, the Grants Manager will be responsible for the complete programme management of The Ireland Funds’ grant-making operations in Ireland. The role will encompass an exciting portfolio of activities and will require the management of a small grants team.
This role will be predominantly office-based, but there will be ample opportunity to travel across the island of Ireland to meet and hear from the many impactful charities and non-profits supported by The Ireland Funds. This will be a fulfilling and worthwhile opportunity for the right candidate.
The Grants Manager will report directly to the Director Ireland
Permanent (6-month probation)
Dependent on experience – email email@example.com for salary range.
Please submit applications to Nicki on firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 1st November 2019 at 5pm
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. With chapters in 12 countries, The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organizations.
We work with an extensive network of donors on their Donor Advised Grants. The Ireland Funds also operates a number of competitive Grant Rounds each year — including the Small Grant Round and the Flagship Grant Round. We also coordinate several programme initiatives, including No Mind Left Behind and The Ireland Funds Business Plan Competition, as well as provide non-financial support including grant workshops, fundraising advice and training.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Grants Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Key Management Responsibilities
- Develop the overall strategy for the expansion and delivery of The Ireland Funds Grant Rounds 2020 – 2023.
- Manage the ongoing development of an improved Grants Management System in conjunction with the Grants Team and The Ireland Funds Grants Committee.
- Develop and implement an improved system for impact reporting and analysis in conjunction with the Grants and Donor Services Executive.
- Manage the delivery of a suite of Ireland Funds programmes, including:
- The Ireland Funds No Mind Left Behind Programme (NMLB) – An educational initiative that aims to provide promising young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with financial support they need to access and complete third-level education.
- The Ireland Funds Business Plan Competition (BPC) – An annual all-island early stage start-up competition for University students and recent graduates.
Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Management
- Grants Management of private and corporate Donor Advised Funds in conjunction with the Grants and Donor Services Executive
- Recommendation of appropriate projects for support and seeking proposals from prospective DAF grantees
- Provide updates and reports on DAF grant impact to donors annually or on request
- Oversee the delivery of The Ireland Funds Grant Rounds in conjunction with the Grants Team
- Deliver Grant workshops in advance of Grant Rounds with other members of the Grants Team
- Contribute as a reviewer for both the Small Grants Round and Flagships Grant Round
- Contribute to the provision of feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- Provide analysis of giving and impact
- Develop bespoke reports and proposals as required
- Research and identify specific areas of need for potential Ireland Funds support
- Meet with non-profit organisations to determine their suitability and funding needs
- Co-ordinate multiple project visits for The Ireland Funds Annual Conference
- Represent The Ireland Funds occasionally at events
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role or project-management focused role
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own car is preferable
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office 365 programmes, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Experience in using a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Experience in using a Grant Management System
- Experience in using online survey tools
- General understanding or overview of the charitable sector in Ireland
- Knowledge of best governance practices and compliance
- Experience in research and proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong Team player with positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills