Contract: 2 years, full-time.
Salary: €32,500-€35,000 per annum.
Annual Leave: 22 days.
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of 6-month probation.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland is looking for an Accounting Technician/Accounts Administrator with strong analytical skills to join our dynamic, fast-paced, and expanding team. We are seeking out applications from those with accounting skills and knowledge, whether qualified Accounting Technician or part qualified Accountant (in training as an accountant) to join our Finance Team and the wider SIFI Team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Technician/Administrator will work as part of the Finance & Operations Team, providing a broad range of practical accounting/bookkeeping duties and work towards the collation, checking and analysis of financial information to support the financial governance of the organisation.
They will be responsible for the following:
- Transaction entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial data.
- To be proactive in implementing procurement and expenditure processes.
- Prepare end of month payment run and ensure compliance with procedures.
- Performing Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Posting journal entries to ledger accounts.
- Preparing monthly trial balances and cash flow statements.
- Perform accounting administration duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
We are looking for someone with experience in accounts reconciliation and financial statements, and other financial management information.
If you are a motivated and deadline-oriented qualified Accounting Technician or part qualified Accountant (in training as an accountant) with great attention to details, come talk to us. We aim to provide a collaborative and flexible environment that is geared towards a career growth path.
- Accounting Technician qualification (or pursuit of this qualification) OR at least 1 – 2 years Accounts Assistant/Accounting Technician experience.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Works well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite including Google docs, Google Sheets and Gmail.
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail.
- A commitment to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s vision and values.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre.
- Like all staff, be an Ambassador for Social Innovation Fund Ireland at all times.
- Experience in the use of Xero.com accounting package.
- Understanding of charity governance.
- Experience / understanding of charity SORP.
About Social Innovation Fund Ireland
Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI) is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s best social innovations through cash grants and business supports. Our purpose is to make Ireland a better, more inclusive place through social innovation.
Every euro we raise in philanthropy is matched by a euro from the Irish Government (from the Department of Rural and Community Development from the Dormant Accounts Fund).
We partner with corporates, SME’s, families and individuals who want new, tangible and real-world ways to tackle some of the pressing issues facing our country today.
SIFI is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. The work we do is underpinned by mutual Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity.
Social Innovation Fund Ireland Values
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport – we use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 15th January 2020
Please note any information/data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted upon completion of the process.