Join the ReCreate Team: Chief Executive
Chief Executive Officer – ReCreate
Salary: €55K to €70K (depending on experience)
Hours: Full time (min 39 hours)
Close of Applications: 31st July 2020
Interviews: Week of 10th August 2020
ReCreate is a Social Enterprise which opened its doors in Ballymount, Dublin 12 in 2013 and since then has scaled up significantly with the support of very dedicated staff, founding organisations, key funders, a large number of suppliers and supporters.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic leader to help bring our social enterprise to a new level of development and growth. Candidates will have a deep understanding of the social enterprise sector
in Ireland and a firm commitment to the goals of the organisation in order to deliver the right combination of strategic and hands on approach.
ReCreate has recently completed a strategic review which will see us focus on the value of curiosity and its key role in the future of Ireland. As we enter this exciting new phase, we are looking for someone to drive this ambitious goal along with a geographical scaling of our impact.
The role of the Chief Executive Officer will be to lead, develop and manage ReCreate during a very exciting phase in its development. The Chief Executive reports to the Board of Directors and leads a talented team covering arts and creativity, membership, communications, warehouse and distribution, finance and administration functions.
The Chief Executive will have the overall responsibility for the development, implementation and continual review of the organisation’s Strategic Plan while leading the delivery of services and operations in full compliance with all legal and statutory frameworks. The remit of Chief Executive is broad with respect to the day to day activities.
Operations and Management
- Prepare future strategic plans and annual budgets for approval by the Board of Directors
- To lead the drive for new members and ensure that renewal targets are met
- Operate within annual budget and ensure management and HR policies are up to date and in use
- Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation’s impact and financial health
- Ensure the effective and smooth operation of the social enterprise
- Lead staff to deliver on the Strategic Plan and the Board’s priorities and policies
- Manage the appraisal and development of Staff to maximise their potential and use resources to the best advantage
Policy and Representation
- Represent the organisation in the media and public domain
- Build relationships with relevant politicians, media, government officials and statutory bodies,
voluntary bodies, private businesses and other external stakeholders
- Responsible for sourcing ongoing core funding for the organisation
- Prepare and provide an annual report for ReCreate
- Supply reports to the Board and attend Board meetings
- Ensure the Social Enterprise fulfils its legal, contractual, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Deliver the organisation’s business plan and, if necessary, help the organisation to win contracts from public or funding bodies.
Skills and Expertise
Applicants will have a relevant third level qualification, ideally to Masters level, in business or
marketing as well as a number of years’ experience in a senior management role in a similar size
Communication and Public Affairs Skills
- Good Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to develop funding proposals
- Ability to communicate relevant information to all stakeholders to increase awareness and
understanding of the importance and impact of ReCreate’s work.
- Ability to network and build relationships with key target audiences.
Management Skills and experience
- Experience managing teams and team workloads
- Strong Financial Management Skills and experience
- Good experience in the community and voluntary sector at a senior level
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and an ability to work independently, think creatively and
- Self-motivated with high level of organisational ability, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
- Proven ability to meet targets
- Diplomatic and tactful with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of people
- A team player with an open and flexible attitude
- Strong empathy with and commitment to the ReCreate’s goals.
How to Apply
To apply for the position please submit a copy of your full Curriculum Vitae with a letter of motivation outlining why you are the right person for this role.
Application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
The closing date for application is 5.30pm on Friday, 31st July 2020. For informal enquiries about the role you may contact email@example.com