From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/career/accounting-technician/
Contract: 1 year, full-time
Salary: €32,500- €34,000 per year, subject to experience
Benefits: 23 days of annual leave
Pension: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of probation.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion drive success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. We are committed to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity both in our workforce and in our engagement with others.
We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
Rethink Ireland is looking for an Accounting Technician with strong analytical skills to join our fast-paced and growing team. We are looking for applicants with accounting skills and knowledge. This role is suitable for a qualified Accounting Technician or a person training to be an Accountant (part-qualified).
If you are successful, you will work within the Finance Team and report to the Financial Controller. You will provide a broad range of management accounting duties and practical accounting and book-keeping duties. You will collate, prepare and analyse financial information to support our financial governance.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- You will assist the AP and AR functions in accordance with departmental processes and procedures
- You will do transaction entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial data
- You will prepare the end of month payment run and ensure compliance with procedures
- You will prepare bank reconciliations and analyse cash transactions
- You will post journal entries to ledger accounts
- You will prepare monthly trial balances and cash flow statements
- You will maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable listings on an ongoing basis
- You will perform accounting administration duties
- You will manage and process staff timesheets
- You will support other day to day financial activities
- You will perform other duties as required
- You will cover for any finance team member on leave
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have an Accounting Technician qualification (or pursuit of this qualification) OR at least 1 – 2 years experience as an Accounts Assistant or Accounting Technician
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You are able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- You work well as part of a team
- You have knowledge of Google Suite: Google docs, Google Sheets and Gmail
- You have a commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the use of Xero.com accounting package
- Experience of preparing and reporting financial statements
- Understanding of charity governance
- Experience/understanding of charity SORP
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply through this LINK by Friday 11th September 2020 at 5pm. If you have any problems applying, or would like to discuss the role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.