From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/career/business-development-manager/
Contract: 3 years, full-time
Based: Dublin, with some travel within Ireland
Salary: €50,000-€55,000 plus bonus, subject to experience
Benefits: 24 days of annual leave
Pension: 8% pension contribution, following completion of probation.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation. We commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK RELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role is to identify potential donors and supporters for Rethink Ireland. The successful candidate will lead on prospect research, lead generation, preparation of proposals, and will lead some conversations and negotiations.
The successful candidate will deliver ambitious income targets for Rethink Ireland. You will hold a critical position in managing Rethink Ireland’s philanthropic relationships with companies, individuals and families.
The role also requires strong mutual relationships with Rethink Ireland’s Awardees. You also will support Rethink Ireland’s external communications as part of your role.
You will work within a team of 3, joining a Business Development Manager and reporting to the Business Development Director. You will work closely with the Marketing Communications, Impact and Finance teams. Like all staff you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
This role is perfect for someone who loves to build win/win relationships with people and companies. It will ideally suit a candidate who enjoys working towards objectives and targets in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a proven sales or fundraising track record over 5- 10 years, and have consistently delivered on targets
- You can show a track record in working with corporate donors or customers and/or high net worth families and individuals as donors
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to write great proposals
- You have experience leading productive meetings and creating inspiring pitches
- You love the art of negotiating, have great powers of persuasion, and the ability to close the deal
- You are a tenacious and resilient individual, who is self-motivated, with a strong work ethic
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have a warm and friendly personality and enjoy working with a team
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Salesforce.
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion, and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. The work we do is underpinned by mutual respect, equality, inclusion and diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination, including on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability
- Sexual orientation
- Traveller community
We also actively oppose discrimination against people experiencing socioeconomic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply through this LINK by September 11th 2020 at 9am. If you have any problems applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.