From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/career/human-resources-hr-coordinator/
Contract: 1 year, full-time
Salary: €30,000 per year
Annual Leave: 23 days
Based: Dublin, Galway or Cork
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of probation.
COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation. We commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
Rethink Ireland is in a high growth period and as HR Coordinator you will support in promoting a great culture and workplace. You will help build our people operations and help implement effective HR strategies to ensure Rethink Ireland achieves its strategic goals.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Financial Controller, and provide a broad range of HR support services. You will support the efficient delivery of HR activities within Rethink Ireland. You will ensure effective processes are in place and communicated across the full team. You will maintain policy control and development in line with business goals and legal requirements.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- You will be proactive in implementing HR processes
- You will ensure compliance with procedures and legal requirements
- You will assist in the recruitment, selection and induction process, building strong relationships with internal hiring managers
- You will prepare employment contracts, relevant employee letters and documentation
- You will update and maintain employee files via our HRM system in line with GDPR.
- You will monitor probationary periods, fixed term contracts and other key employment dates. You will partner with managers to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- You will manage staff leave and provide relevant leave reports
- You will support the internal performance management process
- You will work closely with all team members to provide a collaborative, inclusive, customer-focused and highly effective HR support
- As a member of the Finance/HR Team, you will carry out ad-hoc duties as required and cover for other HR team members on leave
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone with experience in Human Resource management support. You should be a highly motivated, goal-oriented person with great attention to detail in order to support us as we aim to provide a collaborative, flexible environment, geared towards career growth.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have HR, legal and administrative skills and knowledge
- You have a professional and enthusiastic attitude and friendly disposition.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have an ability to build and maintain relationships
- You are committed to excellence and have a strong attention to detail
- You are able to work independently and get things done in a changing environment
- You are a team player and self-motivated problem solver
- You are able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- You have knowledge of Google Suite (Google docs, Google sheets, Gmail)
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a HR role and/or supported in a HR capacity.
- Experience in building and implementing HR best practice in a growing, dynamic organisation.
- Successful track record in creating and promoting great culture and work practices.
- Knowledge of legal and best practice in the business around HR.
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY?