From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/career/junior-accountant/
Contract: 1 year, full-time
Salary: €45,000 per year
Annual Leave: 23 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following completion of probation.
COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion drive success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. We are committed to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity both in our workforce and in our engagement with others.
We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
Rethink Ireland is looking for a Junior Accountant with strong analytical skills to join our fast-paced and growing team. We are looking for applicants with accounting skills and knowledge, and with the required Accounting qualifications.
The successful candidate will work with the Finance Team and report directly to the Financial Controller. You will perform a broad range of management accounting, accounting and book-keeping duties. You will collate, prepare and analyse financial information to support our financial governance.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- You will have full responsibility and control of all accounts including accounts payable and accounts receivable activities
- You will prepare all financial records for annual financial accounts
- You will prepare the monthly management accounts report
- You will prepare cash flow projections
- You will undertake the reconciliation of key general ledger & balance sheet accounts
- You will manage Payroll and Pension including PAYE returns
- You will be proactive in implementing procurement and expenditure processes
- You will analyse financial data to produce reports
- You will liaise with colleagues to prepare financial data, reports and coordinating transactions
- You will work closely with third party auditors for the completion of our audit process
- You will adhere to financial procedures and implementation
- You will improve controls and procedures to benefit the business operations and efficiencies
- You will support other other day to day financial activities
- You will cover for Finance Team members on leave
- Like all staff, you will act an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or ACA) with at least 2-3 years Junior Accountant experience
- You have excellent administrative, written and verbal communications skills
- You are able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and works well as part of a team
- You have knowledge of Google Suite: Google docs, Google Sheets, Gmail
- You have a commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the use of Xero.com accounting package
- Experience of preparing and reporting financial statements
- Understanding of charities governance code
- Experience/understanding of charity SORP
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed