From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/career/social-impact-analyst/
Contract: 1 year, full-time
Based: Galway or Cork
Salary: €27,000 – €30,000 per year, subject to experience
Benefits: 23 days of annual leave
Pension: 8% pension contribution, following completion of probation.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our best potential as an organisation. We commit to respect, equality, inclusion and diversity in the workplace. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities, so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the social impact of Rethink Ireland, At its heart, this role is focused on ensuring that our Awardees are crystal clear about the metrics that drive their impact – identifying them, tracking them, analysing them and reporting them. It is a critical relationship management role with both applicants and Awardees.
The successful candidate will report to a Fund Manager within the Impact Team and work closely with the Marketing Communications, Finance and Business Development Teams.
- You will work with the Impact team, taking a leadership role in some areas and an execution or support role in others, to develop strong Awardee relationships and deliver maximum Awardee performance
- You will support the development and delivery of our Awardee training programmes
- You will support quarterly performance reviews of Awardees
- You will support the development and selection process for applicants for new funds and lead on due diligence processes
- You will support the successful close-out of funds as assigned by your line manager, including completing donor reporting on time and delivering an excellent showcase event (working closely with the Marketing Communications Team).
- You will design, collect, analyse and verify impact data, identifying trends producing reports, both statistical and visual
- You will support the implementation of social impact and portfolio management systems including financial reporting.
- You will deliver your tasks on budget
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
- Participate in training as requested
- Attend meetings and events as requested
- Office administration
- Support the work of the Impact Team as a whole
- Support the marketing, communications and fundraising activities of Rethink Ireland
- Contribute your ideas on the future development of Rethink Ireland to the team
- Mentor and support graduates and interns
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a primary degree in a relevant area (for example business, social science, arts and humanities, or journalism)
- You have 2 years work experience that demonstrates your track record of using analytical skills to distil complex information and reach a conclusion
- You have a great ability to be persuasive through your excellent written and verbal English
- You have experience in report writing
- You have strong analytical and numeracy skills
- You have knowledge of Google Suite and of other cloud-based systems
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of the environment for social enterprises, social innovations, entrepreneurship or the non-profit sector
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport – we use influence and engagement to build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We demonstrate curiosity and a hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion lead to success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. The work we do is underpinned by mutual respect, equality, inclusion and diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination, including on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability
- Sexual orientation
- Traveller community
We also actively oppose discrimination against people experiencing socioeconomic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through this LINK by Monday August 31th 2020 at 9am. If you have any problems applying or would like to discuss this role, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.