Applications are open!
Does your social venture help people build financial resilience? You might be providing access to the financially excluded, debt management, financial upskilling, financial tech for good and financial planning solutions. Or you might be working on other innovative ways of lifting people into financial security.
Royal London and the School for Social Entrepreneurs are looking for innovative, ambitious leaders of social enterprise and social ventures that are helping to build financial resilience and are looking to grow their impact and income from trading.
About financial resilience and ‘life shocks’
We know that over a quarter of UK adults are financially vulnerable, and more then 11 million people have less than £100 savings to fall back on.* Life shocks such as job loss, serious illness, separation, bereavement or even societal shocks such as Covid-19 can quickly pull the most vulnerable in society into financial hardship that can escalate into a crisis.
We know that too many people and communities are at risk of such crises right now. That’s why we’re partnering with Royal London, the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company. Together, we want to support social entrepreneurs who are on the frontline of preventing life shocks escalating into crises.
What are the benefits?
Participants on this programme receive:
- Two years of support, including 1-2-1 expert consultancy, learning sessions and action learning with other social entrepreneurs all tackling financial resilience.
- A grant of £10,000-£30,000 in the first year, with opportunities to access further funding in years two and three.
- The chance to collaborate, and build a relationship with Royal London to work on building resilience for more people facing life shocks.
You’ll benefit from SSE’s practical learning style and Action Learning approach. No textbooks – just inspiring people who’ve been there and done it and are motivated by social impact.
Is this right for me?
- You are looking to grow the impact of your social impact organisation/social enterprise/social venture.
- You are seeking to build people’s financial resilience through long term solutions(examples of the services you might be providing include: access to the financially excluded, debt management, financial up-skilling, financial tech for good, financial planning solutions. Or other innovative ways of lifting people into financial security).
- Your enterprise is either at an early stage (active for at least one year) and ready to grow income from trading, or more established looking to grow into a new area or develop a new idea.
- You and the majority of your beneficiaries are based in the UK and/or Ireland.
How to apply
We recommend you read the application guidance notes before starting your application.
You can save your application and return to it at a later date. Just click “Save for later”. You’ll be emailed a unique link to return to your application. Remember to save this link.
Application deadline: 1pm Tuesday 1st June.