From DRCD: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/b3faa-apply-for-the-circular-economy-innovation-grants-scheme-ceigs/#
Funding for Outdoor Recreation Facilities
From Department of Rural and Community Development
Last updated on
The Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme provides funding for the development of new outdoor recreational infrastructure. It also provides support for the necessary repair, maintenance, enhancement or promotion of existing outdoor recreational infrastructure in rural areas across Ireland.
2021 Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme Outline
The scheme supports sporting and recreational pursuits. It helps to make use of the resources of the countryside that contribute to healthy active lifestyles. It supports the economic and tourism potential of the area for both local communities and tourist visitors alike.
It provides funding for:
- development, extensions and repair of trails, walkways, cycleways and blueways
- improved access to outdoor leisure or recreational facilities
- development of outdoor recreational infrastructure
Applications are accepted from Local Authorities, Local Development companies and/or State Bodies under the following measures:
- Small-scale repair/maintenance/promotional and marketing projects to include grant aid amounts of up to €20,000
- Medium-scale repair/upgrade and new trail/amenity development grant amounts of up to €200,000
- Strategic large-scale repair/upgrade and new strategic trail/amenity development grant amounts up to €500,000