Responsible to: Head of Development
Role Type: Full Time
Remuneration: An attractive and competitive salary and performance-related bonus package offered.
Location: Flexible but some travel to Waterford expected
At this exciting stage in our development with the Irish and UK markets, we are looking for an ambitious business development professional to join our team. The role’s key focus will be to focus on selling the GIY GROWCircle programme, alongside other corporate engagement services to corporate partners. By identifying, targeting and engaging with new leads, new opportunities in line with our vision and values for social and environmental corporate impact will be achieved.
GIY is an award-winning social enterprise that supports people around the world to live happier, healthier and more sustainable lives by growing some of their own food. We support people to develop ‘food empathy’ – a deeper connection with food and respect for the people and planet that put it on our tables. Our mission is to inspire and enable a global movement of food growers whose collective actions will help to create a more fair, resilient and sustainable food system. We aim to inspire 100 million people to grow some of their own food for the UN’s Decade of Action for Climate Change by 2030. Our TV series Grow Cook Eat is filmed at the home of GIY, GROW HQ, in Waterford, and has been seen by over 6 million people on RTE and Amazon Prime. GIY employs over 30 people and provides products, services and food experiences that support people to grow food successfully and have a healthier and more sustainable life. In addition, we work with some of the world’s leading brands and funders in the philanthropic and public sectors to deliver high-impact public awareness campaigns and programmes. Our partners include ReThink, Ashoka, Community Foundation for Ireland, innocent, Energia, Accenture, Libraries Ireland and Healthy Ireland.
As a member of a small, dynamic team in an award-winning social enterprise, the person will have excellent organisational, sales and communication skills to generate sustainable income through our B2B corporate programmes. Innovative, creative and data-focused, the person will think outside the box but within the framework of new business development. The role focuses on developing new business in the following key areas;
- Identify and target corporate HR, employee wellness, office management, ESG, Green Team, CSR, Sustainability and Sports and Social Club team leads.
- Working directly with the Head of Development to identify/develop new opportunities within new client accounts
- Developing new leads and sales through inbound and outbound contact
- Support all GROWCircle programme handovers fluidly to ensure our sales to delivery process is seamless
- Support the B2B marketing strategy to drive inbound leads
- Build pipeline through active prospect engagement to support all aspects of the sales cycle
- Close deals to generate new income in line with annual targets from:
- B2B Retail including GROWBoxes, GIY App and Ambassador Programme
- Account-manage existing B2B retail customers to ensure service delivery excellence and high renewal/upsell rates.
- Maintaining, updating and reporting the Corporate CRM (ZOHO)
- Consistently provide regular CRM Client reports to Senior Executives and the Board
- Liaise with GIY’s Operations and Communications teams to ensure excellent service delivery of programme and marketing/comms of same
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced and qualified individual who shares GIY’s culture, vision and values. The ideal candidate requires the following qualifications and experience:
- Third Level degree in business, marketing, sales or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of 2 years of business development and account management experience in a business-to-business environment.
- A proven track record of managing a growing client base, closing business opportunities and exceeding sales targets.
- Very strong, customer-facing experience and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work to monthly targets and other KPIs, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel, Powerpoint, Word, social media and CRM.
Competencies and Personal Skills
- A positive, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person who has the maturity, confidence and enthusiasm to succeed in a busy environment and as part of a dynamic team.
- Has a passion for social enterprise, sustainability and societal change
- Values health and understands how food-growing can change the way we think about food, nutrition and health.
- Team player who values integrity and respect.
- Understands the entirety of the sales cycle including service delivery, implementation and retention
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with all levels of an organisation and its stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
How to Apply
Please email Emma, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and cover letter for this role.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 2nd July 2021