Head of Fundraising at GIY
Public Sector and Philanthropy
Salary – Competitive, Commensurate with Experience
GIY is an award winning social enterprise that supports people around the world to live happier, healthier and more sustainable lives by growing some of their own food. We support people to develop ‘food empathy’ – a deeper connection with food and respect for the people and planet that put it on our tables. Our mission is to inspire and enable a global movement of food growers whose collective actions will help to create a more fair, resilient and sustainable food system. We aim to inspire 100 million people to grow some of their own food for the UN’s Decade of Action for Climate Change by 2030. Our TV series Grow Cook Eat is filmed at the home of GIY, GROW HQ, in Waterford, and has been seen by over 6 million people on RTE and Amazon Prime. GIY employs over 30 people and provides products, services and food experiences that support people to grow food successfully and have a healthier and more sustainable life. In addition, we work with some of the world’s leading brands and funders in the philanthropic and public sectors to deliver high-impact public awareness campaigns and programmes. Our partners include ReThink, Ashoka, Community Foundation for Ireland, innocent, Energia, Accenture, Libraries Ireland and Healthy Ireland.
Reporting to the CEO of GIY, the Head of Fundraising will achieve ambitious fundraising targets through public sector and philanthropic partners that will help us to deliver the 100m GIYers goal by 2030. The Head of Fundraising will be a key part of GIY’s Development Team and work alongside the Head of Corporate Development who has responsibility for managing and developing partnerships for campaigns and programmes in the corporate space. We intend to make this appointment at management level (Head of Fundraising), but for an exceptional candidate we may consider appointing at Director level and to be part of the senior leadership team. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fundraising role (ideally in the non-profit sector) and have the ability to build and maintain positive, high-value relationships across the public (government and EU agencies) and philanthropic (individuals, international trusts and foundations, philanthropic organisations) sectors.
We are looking for a self-motivated, resilient, diligent, strategic thinker with a proven track record of hitting fundraising targets and a passion for relationship management. To succeed in the role you will have innate networking and communication skills, and a genuine interest in GIY’s vision. You already share our values of resilience, brilliance, creativity and loyalty to your team. You will have experience working towards and achieving fundraising targets and confidence in developing new opportunities domestically and internationally. You are highly organised, detailed orientated, with the ability to work independently and have proven experience seeking out and cultivating relationships.
- Overall responsibility for GIY’s existing and new public sector and philanthropic partnerships with a focus on developing long term, impactful relationships and being the principle contact between GIY and the partner.
- Working with the CEO to set annual 3Y development plans, budgets, goals and activities; recommending and allocating resources; reviewing progress and making corrections.
- Work with relevant colleagues across GIY to ensure we develop and deliver exceptional, impactful programmes for funders.
- Consistent, timely reporting:
- to partners and funders as required
- to the CEO and Leadership Team on wins/ development pipeline / prospect stages
- Align development work with public sector and philanthropic partner strategies around health and sustainability, underpinned by strong impact measurement data.
How to Apply
Please email the Assistant to the CEO Rachel Munro, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and cover letter for this role.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 2nd July 2021