From Creative Spark CLG: https://creativespark.ie/vacancies.html
The Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is: 4.00 pm on 25 February 2022
This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to join Creative Spark CLG and champion the development of this game changing addition to our centre. The Board of Creative Spark CLG is looking for a highly organised and charismatic individual for the role of Creative Spark Enterprise FabLab Education and Operations Manager.
A key element of the role of the Creative Spark Enterprise FabLab Education and Operations Manager will be to lead the development and delivery of innovation, design and Industry 4.0 training and supports to learners, SMEs and industry including the operational delivery of qualifications, training, on-site, blended and e-Learning.
This role will require you to take a hands-on approach in all aspects such as learner and membership recruitment, enrolments, supporting students and learners through pathways, setting up and managing a learning management system and course materials, as well as providing support to and within the FabLab team.
You will have previous operational management experience within a relevant education setting, and have had direct experience of meeting targets in terms of timeframes, quality assurance standards and customer satisfaction.
You will be someone who can demonstrate how to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities and be able to articulate and communicate credibly with a range of internal and external stakeholders as well as deal diplomatically with a wide range of people.
You will be customer focused and have a strong understanding and technical skills in the area digital design, digital fabrication, digital manufacturing, electronics, programming, prototype development and a knowledge of the FabLab global network.
Supported by the Executive Director and the existing Creative Spark team, the Creative Spark Enterprise FabLab Education and Operations Manager will continue the close collaboration with partners to ensure the project is meeting the needs of entrepreneurs, start-ups, learners, existing and emerging manufacturing in the region – a FabLab ecosystem in action!
The Creative Spark Enterprise FabLab Education and Operations Manager will be mandated to deliver on Creative Spark’s ambition to drive regional entrepreneurial innovation in line with its strategic pillars to provide space, deliver supports and connect clusters.
Project Management from Fitout to Operational Phase
Manage all relevant project administration documentation and reporting requirements relating to thecapital equipment project, funding condition compliance, and as directed by the Executive Director and/orBoard. Liaise with the Training and Facilities Manager to ensure delivery of Health and Safety Plan andCompliance procedures across the facility.
- Lead the specification and procurement phase of the Enterprise FabLab internal development and fitout.
- Manage the launch of the Mobile FabLab including the development and delivery of associated programmes.
- Lead staff, interns, and volunteers working in the Enterprise FabLab and Mobile FabLab and managetheir training on the use of the FabLab software, hardware, and manufacturing equipment.
- Develop and establish protocols for safe and effective use of the labs including induction programmesfor the safe and effective use of each item of equipment; monitor and maintain optimal safetyconditions in the labs.
- Assist with timely and accurate reporting to Enterprise Ireland on activities, targets and metrics.
- Attend meetings where required and implement decisions of the Board of Directors and StrategicAdvisory Boards / Committees established for the project.
Education and Operations Development in preparation for Operational Phase and beyond:
- Prepare for operational launch through a high level of engagement with key agency stakeholders,energetic awareness building and developing a strong service offering to potential members and users across the North East Region.
- Assist with the management of the membership processes in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Enterprise FabLab Community and Business Development Manager, to include memberships,finance, sales, marketing, and events etc. to ensure a high membership rate on opening. Support negotiations to maximise both memberships and income target goals.
- Operate the Enterprise FabLab and the Mobile FabLab on a day-to-day basis and mentor students, teachers and community members by assisting them with their projects and ideas
- Lead out on the development of industry-focussed education programmes so that the education programmes have collaborative and interactive elements likely to foster the development of aligned interests among participants and suitable networking and career development opportunities in industry
- Work with team members to explore additional sources of funding and develop a sustainable income generation strategy for the Enterprise FabLab as a separate cost centre with the organisation.
- Develop strong productive working relationships with external stakeholders to ensure that collaboration among all stakeholders including those from public, private, educational/training and community sectors is maximised so that the vision and objectives of the project are delivered.
- Assist with engaging and developing a community of stakeholders from the wider design, creative industries, innovation, manufacturing and enterprise community at a regional and national level, leading to the establishment of a Product Design Cluster.
- To be proactive and creative, identifying ideas and opportunities to ensure communication and engagement is ‘best in class’ and that the reputation of Creative Spark CLG and its integrity is exemplary.
- Develop and maintain regional, national and international networks in the sector. European travel may be required
- Work to ensure best practice Governance in line with the Governance Code for Charities is achieved in carrying out the duties of the position
Reporting Structure: You will report directly to the Executive Director and have responsibilities indelivering KPIs aligned with Creative Spark growth objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, a connector, with genuine interest in supporting the success of others.
- Passion for and understanding of entrepreneurial communities
- Ability to work as part of a team, including consulting, collaborating and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Be diplomatic but action orientated
- A results-driven individual with a strong focus on goal-setting, performance delivery and accountability with minimal supervision and an ability to adapt to changing requirements and shifting work priorities.
- Capable knowledge of finance and accounts.
- Flexibility to work across a multifaceted site and to work evenings and weekends where required.
- Experience of managing stakeholder and community engagement activities for a regional or national scale project is desirable.
- Candidates must have the knowledge and ability to discharge the duties of the post and if successful agree to undertake the duties attached to the post and accept the conditions under which the duties are required to be performed
Location and Term: The role of Creative Spark Enterprise FabLab Education and Operations Manager will be located primarily in Creative Spark, Muirhevnamor, Dundalk; some flexibility to work between this site and our new Clanbrassil Street premises may be required. This is a 3-year fixed term contract and is subject to a probationary period for 6 months with reviews at months 3 and 6. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will take up employment within one month of any offer.
Character: Candidates shall be of good character. Employment of the successful candidate shall be subject to satisfactory references.
Health: Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Salary: This is a middle management role offering a salary of €45,000 p.a.
Pension: The position is non-pensionable however the Employer will facilitate implementation of a PRSA through making appropriate deductions, if required, and remitting same to the designated fund/company.
Annual leave: 20 days per annum
Hours of Work: The normal working hours are 39 hours per week. This role will require a strong degree of flexibility as evening and weekend work, along with some foreign travel will be a central part of the delivery requirements.
Driving Licence: The appointee must hold a full driving licence for Class B vehicles free from endorsement / disqualification and shall drive a car and the Creative Spark Mobile FabLab in the course of their duties, and for this purpose, provide and maintain a car to the satisfaction of the Creative Spark CLG. The appointee’s Insurance Policy must cover such car usage and indemnify Creative Spark CLG. Travel and subsistence expense will be paid in accordance with nationally agreed rates applicable to the sector.
Advertisement Date – 31 January 2022
Deadline closes for application submissions 25 February 2022 at 4pm.
1st round interviews – week beginning the 7 March – potentially online.
2nd round interviews in person including a presentation – provisionally 10 March – will be held in line with government guidelines and appropriate social distancing.
How to apply: Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com along with a scanned copy of qualification documents.
Application deadline: 25 February 2022 at 4pm.
CREATIVE SPARK CLG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
This position is supported by funding from Enterprise Ireland through the Regional EnterpriseDevelopment Fund.