From Leaders Academy:
The Leadership Academy launched last week at The Wheel’s annual Summit in Croke Park. This is a brand new initiative to support leaders across the nonprofit sector in Ireland.
The Leadership Academy is a new model for leadership development in the community and voluntary sector. The Leadership Academy is a resource for all nonprofit leaders, at all stages in your leadership journey, providing opportunities for peer networking, professional and personal development, and the space to consider the biggest challenges and opportunities for leaders today.
Leadership development is essential at all times to drive progressive, successful growth in the sector and respond to changing needs. However, in light of the transformative experiences of the past few years, we must support leaders, more than ever, and equip them to meet current and future demands.
Whether you are a long-serving CEO or a young leader starting out on your career, The Leadership Academy will offer resources to support you.
To start your journey visit our new website www.leadersacademy.ie.
There you can:
- Explore our four schools of leadership: Leader of Self, Leader of Teams, Leader of Organisation, and Leader in the Sector.
- Take a Self-Assessment to reflect on your strengths and current development needs
- Visit the Leadership Resource Library to explore a rich and diverse range of leadership supports, from accredited programmes to podcasts and networks to the latest articles, drawn from across our sector and beyond.
Watch our short Welcome to the Leadership Academy introductory video:
We are working on lots of exciting plans for the autumn when we will be hosting the first of our networks and events, bringing leaders together to inspire and learn from each other. We look forward to welcoming you to one of these events soon.
Here’s a small taste of the resources you’ll find on The Leadership Academy resource library:
- New workshops on crucial leadership topics for example Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Accredited leadership development opportunities this autumn:
- Podcasts & publications from across the sector including the Carmichael Podcast
- And lots more over the coming months, including new networks of interest, free webinars on today’s leadership challenges and articles on the most relevant issues for Ireland’s nonprofit leaders.
We’ll be in touch soon with more details. If you have feedback or questions about The Leadership Academy, please drop me an email.
Mairead O’Connor | Skills Development Senior Manager, The Wheel
We would like to acknowledge the support and funding from the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science through the National Training Fund that has made this initiative possible.