Date and time
Wed, 28 Sep 2022, 10:30 BST
THE JUNCTION, 12 Beechvalley Way, Dungannon, BT70 1BS, United Kingdom
1.3 Building Positive Relations – Pre-Application Support Workshop
Wednesday 28 September 2022
10:30am – 12 noon
Prior to the funding call to the new EU PEACEPLUS Programme being opened, the SEUPB is co-ordinating a pre-application support workshop targeted specifically at organisations that will promote positive relations through projects which transcend local boundaries and have the potential to achieve significant peace and reconciliation across Northern Ireland and the border counties of Ireland. These projects should involve cross-border dimensions where possible and appropriate to the intervention.
The SEUPB anticipates that a funding call for this Investment Area will open in Autumn 2022. In advance of this, this workshop will provide preliminary guidance to help potential applicants build their project, programme knowledge, and capacity so that they are best placed to make quality applications, with a strong focus on outcomes that meet programme targets and the overarching aim of Peace and Prosperity.
An indicative budget allocation has been set at €35m for this Investment Area. It is anticipated that the majority of this funding will be invested in large-scale, multi-partner, cross community projects. This workshop will:
- Explain the requirements of Investment Area 1.3 and some of the details that are likely to be included within the call including: types of project activities expected, area of impact, the outputs for the people concerned;
- Outline the key Policy areas of concern in Ireland and Northern Ireland;
- Outline the key components of a strong application including EU funding requirements, and project management;
- Set out how to complete a Concept Note to receive feedback prior to submission of an application;
- Provide a Q&A opportunity for those in attendance;
- Offer a networking lunch to enable connections and further advice.
This workshop is a ticketed event, aimed specifically at organisations who will promote positive relations through projects which transcend local boundaries and have the potential to achieve significant peace and reconciliation across Northern Ireland and the border counties of Ireland.
We may need to limit attendance to a maximum of 2 people per organisation so please consider this when deciding who is needed to attend.
A link to view the workshop recording and relevant documents via our website afterwards.