`From ENSIE: https://www.ensie.org/who-we-are/vacancies
Communications Officer – Bilingual : EN/FR
Full-time – fixed-term contract until 30/08/2023
ENSIE, the European Network of Social Integration Enterprises unites national and regional networks of work integration social enterprises throughout Europe. Its mission is to defend the interests of its members at the European level, to organize exchanges between them and to cooperate closely with other social economy actors. The team is composed of 6 people: a director, 2 policy officers, 1 project manager, 1 administrative and financial assistant and 1 communication officer. The network is looking for a communications officer to cover a maternity leave.
Under the guidance and with the support of the Director, the communications officer develops and coordinates the internal and external communication of the network. His/her tasks are the following :
- Create, edit, manage and coordinate ENSIE communication strategy and tools (leaflets, event materials, videos, etc.) in cooperation with colleagues
- Develop, prioritise and implement ENSIE’s communication, dissemination and social media strategies on our present Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebookand YouTube
- Manage ENSIE’s website and project-affiliated websites such as B-WISE
- Manage communications in the context of EU funded projects;
- Supervise and coordinate the communication activities of other EU projects;
- Prepare the communication around the organisation of various events (statutory meetings, conferences, seminars, webinars, etc.) : communication materials, promotion of the event, contact speakers…
- Strategise ENSIE’s campaign work with effective communications plans, tools and actions;
- Draft presentations and speeches for colleagues and board members;
- Proofread in French and in English all ENSIE’s written positions and documents;
- Evaluate all communication activities.
The communications officer could also be in charge of some policy and advocacy tasks :
- Monitors EU policies in coordination with colleagues in charge of the file;
- Follows and advocate on the EU Green Deal and Just Transition : participating to the Just transition platform horizontal working group activities and to the Just transition alliance; drafting position papers, contributing to EU consultations or call for evidence, organize webinars…)
You are a motivated person, enthusiastic to work in a multicultural and international environment. You enjoy working independently, in close collaboration with your colleagues. You work accurately, efficiently, and autonomously, even under pressure.
You demonstrate an experience in all aspects of communication (at least 3 years): you have experience and interest in creating social media and web content (written and visuals). You have well-developed IT, media and design skills e.g. Canva. You are able to bring new ideas to help amplify ENSIE’s messages.
You have strong writing skills and an excellent command of both oral and written English and French.
You have a good knowledge of the European Union (actors, functioning, institutions, policies), especially with regard to social issues, employment and, ideally, the green policies. You have experience in working with multiple and various partners, within a project or a network. A good knowledge of social and solidarity economy and social entrepreneurship is an asset.
- Contract: full-time – fixed-term contract until 30/08/2023
- Starting date: 18/01/2023
- Workplace: Brussels (principal place), with some flexibility to work from home. You might be required to travel across Europe occasionally
- Gross Monthly salary: from 2.800 to 3.200 €/month based on the candidate’s experience
- Advantages : reimbursement of travel expenses (public transport), meal vouchers of 7€/day, mobile phone subscription, work laptop
If you are interested in joining us and making the ENSIE your next professional experience, please send your CV and 1-page cover letter to email@example.com, by January 9th midnight with the subject line “Communications Officer Application”.
Early applications are encouraged as applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis. The candidate should start in the week 16-20 January 2023.
ENSIE is an equal opportunity employer, guided by the principle of non-discrimination on any ground. This principle is applied in ENSIE’s day-to-day operations and employment practices.