From Rethink Ireland: https://rethinkireland.ie/current_fund/the-disability-participation-and-awareness-fund-2023/
The Disability Participation and Awareness Fund is a €3 million, 1-year Fundcreated by Rethink Ireland in partnership with the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.
The goal of the Disability Participation and Awareness Fund is to support innovative projects or organisations across Ireland to:
1. build skills and remove barriers to help people with disabilities take part in their communities,
2. provide valuable employment experience to people with disabilities, and
3. support the overall participation of people with disabilities in local activities, in line with the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities (UNCRPD) in communities.
Successful applicants will receive…
- Cash grants ranging from €50,000 to €500,000
- A business supports package
- A place on our capacity building ‘Accelerator Programme’
- Project performance management
This Fund is open to organisations that have a not-for-profit legal form, for example, charities, social enterprises and other community or voluntary organisations.
Funding is available under 4 strands:
- Strand 1: Building skills and removing barriers to help people with Down Syndrome take part in their communities.
- Strand 2: Social enterprise initiatives providing valuable employment experience to people with disabilities.
- Strand 3: Arts and cultural activities, particularly those that promote awareness of the lived experiences of people with disabilities and that support the participation of people with disabilities in artistic, cultural and community life.
- Strand 4: Initiatives aimed at encouraging community participation and inclusion for people with disabilities, including sports and outdoor recreation, promotion of accessibility and accessible shared spaces.
Please complete the application form via our online portal before 1.00 pm on Friday, 31st March.
To help support you with your application, we are running an online Application Clinic this Friday, 24th March at 1.00pm. Please register to attend by following this link.
If you have any further questions regarding The Disability Participation and Awareness Fund, our Team are on hand and happy to help. Please contact us via email at: disabilityfund@