About We Make Good: http://wemakegood.ie
We Make Good Is Ireland’s first social enterprise design brand. Established in 2018, we are a small team of committed hard working people with a passion for social justice, working towards a more equal fair society, one product at a time.
What makes us unique is that we employ people from marginalised backgrounds who will be your colleagues, we provide training and a supportive team environment to help them build workplace skills.
We are looking for someone who is committed to quality production and who can help us meet our targets producing garments for the Irish fashion industry.
Job Title: Sewing Machinist
We are looking for an experienced machinist to join our growing team. The job involves sewing and finishing high quality garments, accessories and homewares. Quality, speed and teamwork are very important in this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- ● Operate and maintain industrial sewing machines to produce high-quality garments and textile products according to specifications and instructions.
- ● Read and interpret work orders, patterns, and technical drawings to determine the correct materials, stitching techniques, and machine settings required.
- ● Cut, measure, and assemble fabric and other materials to ensure a precise fit and finish.
- ● Inspect finished products to ensure they meet quality standards, and make any necessary
adjustments or repairs.
- ● Work collaboratively with other team members to meet production targets and deadlines.
- ● Maintain a clean and organised workspace, and ensure all equipment and materials are
properly stored and maintained.
- ● Troubleshoot and repair sewing machines as necessary, and report any malfunctions or defects
to the supervisor.
- ● Follow all safety procedures and regulations, and wear appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- ● At least three years of experience as a sewing machinist in a manufacturing or production setting.
- ● Strong knowledge of sewing techniques and machine operations, including the ability to work with a variety of fabrics and materials.
- ● Attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work. Specifically:
- ○ Cutting, sewing and gluing fabric according to the requirements of each article.
- ○ Affixing buttons, zippers, clasps, laces and similar fittings.
- ○ Operating the foot pedal, correcting tension, changing stitch length and winding
bobbins as you sew.
- ○ Selecting thread and replacing the correct machine’s needle as required.
- ○ Detecting and repairing basic faults with the sewing machine as they occur.
- ● Good communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- ● Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, spec sheets, work orders, and other documentation.
- ● Basic math and measurement skills, including the ability to calculate fabric measurements and adjust machine settings accordingly.
- ● Experience in piece sewing/ block production an advantage
- ● Physical dexterity and stamina and ability to work to deadlines
- ● Familiarity with common sewing equipment and tools, including scissors, rulers, and cutting mats.
- ● Need to be able to get to a Dublin 1 based workshop
Reports to: The Production Manager Based in: 24 Mountjoy Sq East, Dublin 1 Hours and Pay:
- ● Full time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (39 hours) with 30 mins for lunch and 2 x 15 min breaks
- ● Or Part time (3 to 4 days) for the the right candidate
- ● Rate of pay: €16 – €20 per hour depending on experience
- ● Great attitude to learning and taking feedback
- ● Hard worker
- ● Interest in design and construction
- ● A non-judgemental and open attitude and interest in social justice
- ● Ability to take personal responsibility and take instruction
- ● Interest in social enterprise an advantage
– Send a CV and either and email or preferably a short intro video, saying why you are interested in the job by 30th April to email@example.com