From Rethink Ireland
The TikTok Digital Future Fund is a €750,000 three-year fund created by Rethink Ireland in partnership with TikTok to enhance the lives of young adults in Ireland. The Fund is part of a €1 million total commitment by TikTok. €250,000 will be granted to Rethink Ireland in TikTok advertising to support fund activities with non-profit organisations in communities.
Ages 15-24 are transformative years in the lives of all young people. It is a time when young people make key education and employment choices that influence their long-term prospects. Since the pandemic, many young people are unemployed or are in precarious employment. Young people supported with high quality education and skills training opportunities have an increased chance of building a prosperous life. To build a strong future generation, young people need to be supported to access programmes that build digital and/or creative skills and equip them for further education and/or a job.
The objective of the Fund is to support non-profit organisations that build digital and/ or creative skills to enhance the lives of marginalised young people aged 15-24 who are experiencing unemployment, underemployment, or wish to upskill. This could be done through:
- education programmes
- employment readiness programmes
- or both!
Examples of suitable projects could focus on one of the following areas:
- Improving digital skills and digital literacy for young people to prepare them for further steps in education, training and employment.
- Inspiring and enhancing creative skills in young people to prepare them for further steps in education, training and employment.
- Preparing young people with work readiness skills, including digital skills and creative skills, confidence-building and interview skills to prepare them for employment.
- Connecting young people with inspiring mentors and/or work experience opportunities in the digital and/or creative sectors to further their career options.
This is not an exhaustive list – please refer to the Fund criteria to see if your project/organisation is eligible to apply.
Projects/organisations reaching marginalised young people and using fully digital or hybrid programmes (hybrid means a mix of online and offline) have an advantage.
You can apply to The TikTok Digital Future Fund via the ONLINE PORTAL from August 9th until September 22nd at 1.00 pm.
Please join us for one of our application clinics to find out more and answer any questions that you have:
The sessions will be identical, so you do not need to attend both, and will entail a short presentation followed by an open Q&A session, offering you an opportunity to bring any questions you may have regarding the application process to the Fund team.
You can contact the fund team at email@example.com if you would like more information.